Saturday, January 29, 2011

Back In Business

On a personal note, we had a great visit with my parents -- good food, some good wine and, most importantly, good time spent together. Both E and I live far away from our parents, and we miss the opportunity to spend quality time with them.

This morning involved a significant amount of clean up. I can trash our kitchen like nobody's business when I cook. Since it's Saturday, we also had to make a trip to the All-Local Farmers' Market.

It's been several years since I realized I had become a coffee snob. We're fortunate to have access to lots of great local and regional coffee roasters: Larry's Beans, Turtle Creek, and Cashua, just to name a few.

At the moment, our favorite is from Indah Coffee.


I usually prefer Central American beans to African, but this coffee has made me a believer. Yirgacheffe is a growing region in Ethiopia, which is quite possibly where coffee originated.

Here's some great information on the coffees of Ethiopia.

I don't have a coffee vocabulary quite like my wine vocabulary, so I'll just say that the Indah Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is rich, balanced and delicious.

It's what I crave in the mornings.

2 comments:

Eric landon said...

Love to see when fellow wine lovers are also fellow coffee lovers.

Have you ever tried Kona?
http://www.wineandfoodtravel.com/featured/kona-the-opus-one-of-coffee/

Unknown said...

I've not tried Kona, but I really need to. I've heard amazing things about it.

Thanks for the link.

 
Google