Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Shopping

Here are a couple notes from our Saturday errands. I promise I have no affiliation with Green's Beverages; that's just where I do most of my booze shopping. I'll be including more posts like this in the future for the benefit for anyone in Columbia. Hopefully, you out-of-town readers will be able to locate some of the same stuff.

Domaine de Saint-Antoine Rosé Vin de Pays d'Oc 2008 ($8.99, Greens)

I just can't get enough of rosé lately. It's hot outside, but a shady porch and a glass of cool rosé make it much more bearable. This is not meant to be complex wine. It's fresh and fruit-forward, but bone-dry with flavors of cherry, raspberry, melon and peach...a perfect match for porch sipping or a light summer meal. This is yet another Robert Kacher Selection.


Say What?


I have to mention this. Look closely.


That's right. The coupon is for $20 off (mail-in rebate) a 1.75 liter bottle of Tenure Vodka, which retails for $20.89. With the hefty Columbia sales tax, that's $2.45 for a rather large bottle of vodka. I'm admittedly not a vodka snob, but...$2.45? I had to give it a try.

I'll mix up a vodka martini later in the week and let you know.

No comments:

 
Google